Referees are an integral part of the Victorian Rugby Community, without them the game would not go ahead. If you love Rugby then chances are refereeing is for you.
WHO CAN BECOME A REFEREE?
Loving Rugby is a must! You must also meet the other criteria which is:
- Must be over the age of 15
- Have a general understanding of rugby
HOW TO BECOME A REFEREE:
- Attend a Foundation Course
- Become a VRRA member
- Referee on-field with an assessor
- Once you meet the criteria you will be awarded your level 1 accreditation
The Victorian Rugby Referees Association (VRRA) is the governing body of all referees in Victoria’s local competitions including Juniors and Schools competition.
The VRRA is responsible for the recruitment and training of Rugby referees in Victoria, and play a vital role in promoting the quality of Rugby in Victoria.
The VRRA provide support to the Victorian Rugby Community through:
- coaching and grading
- education and training
- recruitment and retention
- a supportive and social community for referees in Victoria.
As Rugby competitions continue to expand in Victoria, the VRRA are always on the look out for people interested in becoming referees.
Visit the VRRA website: http://victorianreferees.sportzvault.com/